Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ten Things I Love About My Mom

10.  She's incredibly hard working.  Her amazing work ethic has taught me so much about what it takes to succeed in the work place and really go above and beyond at every job you do.

9.  She's very level headed and can remain calm during stressful situations.  I tend to take after my dad more in this sense, which is why we are both very grateful to have her to balance out our strong personalities.

8.  She's incredibly humble.  My mother has done a lot of amazing things in her life, and she never brags about it or asks for credit even though she deserves so much of it.

7.  She knows how to have a good time.  From having one too many free mai tais on our family trip to Hawaii, to playing flip cup during my sorority's moms weekend, my mom knows how to have fun!

6.  She's always supportive of me.  From working to put me through college, to helping me accept my offer with Teach for America, she always has my best interest in mind and supports me through all of life's big and even little decisions. She's even road tripping with me to Texas in a couple of weeks to help me start a new chapter of my life as a teacher!

5. She's an amazing friend.  My mom is always there to listen, give advice, and I love spending time with her.  But despite the fact that she's my friend, she always puts being a mother first, which I really admire.

4.  She's incredibly strong.  She has been through a lot of challenging and difficult times in her life, and she always finds a way to stay optimistic and keep her head up.  Her positive outlook on life always helps to remind me that things find a way of working themselves out.

3.  She always puts others before herself.  My dad and I sometimes have to remind her to do things for herself, because she's always looking out for and helping other people first.

2.  She's forgiving.  Because let's be real, if she wasn't, we would have never gotten past my angsty teenage years.  It also helps that she probably realizes that karma will come back for me if I ever have a teenage daughter.

1.  She's my role model.  If I can grow up to be half as successful, kind, beautiful, smart, caring, and as wonderful of a mother as she is to me, then I will be very happy!

I love you so much mom! Thank you for always being there for me no matter what...you have no idea how much it means to me!  Dad and I are so lucky to have you in our lives, and I can't wait to see you next week when I come home! Happy Mother's Day!!








No comments:

Post a Comment