Thursday, September 29, 2011

One Month in D.C. Already!

Hey all,

It's been a while since my last post, but I've unfortunately been sick with bronchitis for the last 2 weeks or so! I finally got antibiotics last Tuesday, and it took a while for them to kick in but I'm finally feeling better. So far I'm loving my job at Kinkeads, and I'm meeting a ton of great people! I missed all of last week at CBS because of the bronchitis, but I'm back at work today and helping out the evening news crew since my boss Christina is out of town.  My manager at Kinkeads asked me to help out for a few hours after I get done at CBS, so it's going to be a long night!  I'm pretty much tired all the time now that I work 7 days a week, but coffee and Diet Coke get me through the day.

I had a great 22nd birthday but it definitely made me miss all of my friends from Oregon and San Diego so much! I pretty much call my parents every day so I don't give them much of a chance to miss me, but it's hard keeping in touch with all my friends on the west coast because of conflicting work schedules and the time difference.  Anyways, my 22nd birthday was definitely more low key than my 21st, but I think that's only appropriate, and my roommates out here made it a good time.

I ordered some new oxford booties for work that I think will be fun for the fall and winter out here in D.C.  I got them in black, and had to have my mom send them to me from my house in San Diego after mixing up my shipping and billing address.  They should get here tomorrow, and I hope they fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment