Monday, September 5, 2011

Public transportation, I've got you down

So I have to say, after being in D.C. for 9 days, I'm feeling very confident in my metro skills and navigating my way around the city.  I've been having a blast here so far, and as of today all of my roommates have moved in! So it's me, Teressa, Danielle and Lauren sharing one room, and Jevonna and Meera in another room.  Everyone has really different personalities and career goals, but we all get along really well and I'm excited to get to know everyone even better.

I got dinner with a girl earlier last week who is friends with one of my closest friends from high school, and I had a lot of fun hanging out with someone who understands the California lifestyle but is still looking to start a new life in D.C.  I also got coffee and did some shopping today with a girl from my sorority, Lindsey, and it was fun catching up with an old friend.  Since I don't know very many people out here, I really have to take advantage of getting together with the few people I do know and friends of my friends. This weekend, some of my roommates and some other new friends went out in Chinatown for a fun dinner, and then Lauren, Jevonna and I explored the nightlife in D.C. together.  It's definitely different than Eugene and San Diego, but I had a lot of fun and am eager to explore more as the weeks go on! We also went to the D.C. Zoo this weekend which didn't even come close to the World Famous San Diego Zoo, but it was free and we still got to see a few cool animal exhibits!

I start work this Thursday and am so excited to get started and meet all of the other interns! I'm so eager to finally have a weekly routine and am looking forward to being more productive with my life! Until then, I'm forcing myself to work out, clean, grocery shop, and make sure I'm completely ready for my new internship! I'm also still brainstorming ways to survive the humidity here...the west coast definitely did not prepare me for this, and I'm missing my car with air conditioning more than ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment