Saturday, August 27, 2011

All moved in!

I'm finally here!  I got to Washington D.C. around noon and after three hours I am completely done unpacking!  My apartment here is absolutely wonderful...there are six of sharing the apartment, and it's really spacious.  I'm sharing a room with three other girls and I'm definitely going to have to get used to sleeping on the top bunk, but living in Pi Phi for two years has more than prepared me for this.  Our bathroom and walk-in closet have plenty of room for all of our stuff, and we each have our own dresser and huge drawer under the bed.  The living room has the most comfortable couches and chairs (currently one of my roommates is passed out on one), and we have a flat screen TV which is currently set to the news to keep us posted on Hurricane Irene.  I'm not too worried about my safety in D.C. but I will probably be stuck inside my apartment until tomorrow afternoon.  Our apartment has a dining table, a nice modern kitchen, tons of storage for our suitcases, a giant pantry for our food, and our own washer and dryer.  Two of my roommates are sharing a room and they have their own bathroom too, so I'm really thankful our apartment is so spacious.

I've only met two of my roommates, Jevanna and Terassa, and they both seem really down to earth and sweet!  I'm guessing we will spending a lot of time together this weekend because of the hurricane, so I'm excited to get to know them better!

I had a great time in Maryland and got to spend a lot of time with my grandma, aunt, and all of my cousins.  My cousin Felicia who is only a year older than me took me to get Mexican food at her favorite place on Thursday, and although it was good, their fish tacos didn't even come close to the Mexican food at home.  I might have to stick to seafood while I'm here, which I can't complain about.  After that we went out for drinks and watched the Ravens/Redskins football game at a sports bar, and it was a lot of fun catching up with her.  I'm very fortunate to have family out here, and I look forward to visiting them when I'm not working.

I'm reading the book "The Hunger Games" right now and it's amazing.  I stayed up late reading because I couldn't put the book down, so I'm pretty tired already after waking up early and unpacking all afternoon. The grey sky and rain isn't helping me stay awake either.

Below are some pictures of my apartment and my trip to Maryland, and I'm praying for everyone on the east coast to stay safe in the hurricane.










No comments:

Post a Comment