Tuesday, April 10, 2012

California Here We Come

So I'm still slowly working my way through the Couch to 5K program, and to be honest, I'm not quite sure running will ever be easy for me.  But nothing feels better than stretching after a run that you thought would never end.

Tomorrow I finally have the day off, so I plan on going to a trivia night at a bar across the street with my roommates and some friends tonight, and catching up on sleep tomorrow.  I also have a ton of TFA reading to do tomorrow, and need to start making some to-do lists for the big move.

I booked my flight home to San Diego, and will officially be landing in my home state on May 22nd.  I can't wait to reunite with my parents, friends, real Mexican food, and the beach. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to live in California again when I originally moved out here.  But after living in DC for almost a year now, I can safely say that I am not cut out to be a city girl, and that the suburbs of California are where I belong!

I won't be living in California for the next couple of years because of my commitment to Teach for America, but I'm happy that I'll be able to visit my favorite state during school breaks! And who knows, maybe Texas will steal my heart...but I think California will always be the place I call home.

Need this for my new apartment in Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment