Sunday, April 29, 2012

White House Correspondent's Dinner!

A couple of weeks ago the coordinator of my previous internship with CBS messaged me and asked if I was interested in working the White House Correspondent's Dinner this past Saturday.  Needless to say, it was an amazing experience and such a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will never forget!  I got to wear a beautiful full length white dress, got to catch up with everyone from CBS, and spent the night meeting celebrities, eating award-winning food food, and drinking great wine.

My night started off at the Washington Hilton, where I got to work the pre-dinner reception.  CBS, The National Journal, and The Atlantic hosted an amazing and very packed party with good music, drinks, and a fantastic guest list.  I ran the guest list at the front door and got to admire all of the women in beautiful gowns and men in their tuxs.

After the pre-parties were over and the guests invited to the actual dinner headed down to the ballroom, me and three of the current CBS interns went to dinner at a restaurant called Barcode in Dupont Circle.  The food was delicious, the company was great, and it was great to rest my tired feet and give them a break from my heels.

After a long dinner we headed to Jose Andres' restaurant called Zaytinya for the CBS after-party.  I ended up getting home around 2 AM after a rainy cab ride home, and couldn't have asked for a better night.

The most memorable spotted included:  Rosario Dawson, Eric Cantor, John Legend, Elle McPherson, Mary J. Blige, Malin Ackerman (who is SO sweet, classy, and even more beautiful in person), Jennifer Goodwin, Woody Harillson, Kerry Washington, Captain Sully, John Huntsman, Rick Santorum, and Julie Chen.




I had an amazing night and am so grateful that CBS News gave me this opportunity.  Hopefully in the future I'll get to be a part of it again, and maybe even attend the actual dinner next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment