Monday, April 2, 2012

Wonderful Weekend!

It's been a while since I last posted, but I've been super busy with work, filling out tons of paperwork for Teach for America (including getting my fingerprints taken for the FBI!), and having friends in town.  I was lucky enough to have one of my best friends and roommates from college, Taylor, visit me this weekend!  We laughed pretty much the entire time we were together, as usual, and had a blast catching up and reminiscing on college memories.

On Friday, a group of us went out to a popular DC bar called McFaddens, which played amazing music including some classics by N'Sync and The Backstreet Boys that Taylor and I danced like fools to all night.





Taylor hurt her foot while in New York for a business trip, but we still wanted to see the sights while she was in town, so on Saturday we rented a wheelchair for the day and I proceeded to wheel her around the monuments all afternoon.  Thankfully, DC is very handicap accessible, and we had a blast being tourists for the day!






Saturday night we went out to dinner with Shaun and then had a hilarious night in, filled with wine, card games, and charades.  We woke up early Sunday morning to go to the Air and Space Museum, which we could have spent the entire day at.  




Sadly Taylor's visit came to an end, and I drove her to the airport late Sunday afternoon.  It was so fun seeing her and I can't wait to reunite with her and all of my other college friends again, hopefully in the near future!

I'll end this post with my favorite picture of the weekend.  I wheeled Taylor in front of about 50 tourists taking pictures at the Lincoln Memorial to snap this classic photo of her.  I don't think she will ever fully forgive me for the embarrassment she endured at this moment, but the picture still makes me laugh every time I look at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment