Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm back!

After a long vacation from blogging, I'm back!  Since I don't have much time to blog nowadays, I am going to try to take on the blogging format of my dear friend Caitlin, who always posts her highs and lows for the week.  Seems simple enough, right?

Highs

  • Chris and I met up this weekend right outside of Dallas.  We got to relax, do a little shopping, and watch the Oregon vs. USC game at a local bar.  Chris is a USC fan so it was even more awesome that I got to watch my team beat his, since we all know the Ducks are better anyways
  • The Ducks are now #3 in the BCS rankings (but let's be real, we should be #2)
  • I finally went grocery shopping today and no longer have to walk around my school asking to borrow $1.50 from anyone in sight to buy a Diet Coke from the vending machine
  • I've been getting to bed a lot earlier than usual lately...maybe I'm starting to get the hang of nightly lesson planning?

Lows
  • District testing is this week, and so far my teaching schedule has been all over the place
  • Walking around and monitoring kids taking tests for 2 hours straight is surprisingly exhausting
  • Kids are very hyper in class after testing all morning
  • I'm super stressed about how my students will perform on the reading test tomorrow...
  • I took away one of my student's football during an assembly because he was playing with it, and may or may not have misplaced it...this resulted in a trip to Sports Authority today because I felt guilty and decided to buy him a new one.  Who knew Nike footballs were so expensive?
  • My coffee tumbler tipped over and spilled coffee all over my students' tests

I can't believe it's only Monday...here's to what's hopefully a good week!  Keep your fingers crossed that my students do well on their reading and writing tests!

No comments:

Post a Comment