Monday, March 5, 2012

Retail Therapy

You know those days when you go a little over your budget to buy something you've been desperately wanting, even though you know you can't afford it, knowing you will most likely regret it a few days later?

I had one of those days this past Saturday, and I can safely say I don't regret either of my two purchases.

I've been using the cheapest of cheap shampoo and conditioner for the past six months after running out of both money and my favorite Redken Blonde Glam products.  Well let me tell you, with hair products,  you really get what you pay for...within a month of using the cheap drugstore shampoo, I could already tell my hair was weaker, drier, and less shiny.  Nothing like how Garnier Fructis advertises my hair will look by using their products...



Well lucky for me, Nordstrom Rack had my favorite Redken products on sale and I couldn't resist...sure, it was a lot to spend on shampoo and conditioner, but it was a great price and my hair already feels healthier after one wash, if that's even possible.


I've also been beyond bored with my wardrobe lately, and decided I could afford one inexpensive and practical shirt.  My mom always tells me I have too many shirts and that I have an obsession with them, which might be true...I could go months without even thinking about buying a new pair of jeans or heels, but I never feel like I have enough shirts in my closet.  So I went to Francesca's, found a cute sheer coral blouse, and swiped my credit card.  I wore it today for the first time and couldn't have been happier with my purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment