Sunday, March 4, 2012

Just Another Manic...Sunday

Today started off as a great day...I woke up feeling super rested, made a delicious lunch of chicken, quinoa, and green beans, and since work was slow I got to spend two hours reading the second book of "The Hunger Games" trilogy before we opened. Long story short, we ended up being extremely busy, customers were difficult, and one of the servers really rubbed me the wrong way. It really made me realize how thankful I am that I will be starting a new career in June, and that my new job will be in a much more professional setting. Not trying to hate on the restaurant industry at all, but I've been in it since I was 16 and am ready to retire from it for good.

I normally enjoy work, but today was just one of those days where minutes feel like hours, and all you want to do is curl up on your couch with a bottle of wine and cry at a good Nicholas Sparks' book turned movie.

But instead, I'll wait for the metro to come take me home to my Chipotle dinner and my "Catching Fire" book.



No comments:

Post a Comment