Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Officially Employed!

You are looking at the newest 4th grade language arts teacher for The Rusk School!  I had two interviews today with principals and their staff, and after about 30 minutes or so of interviewing with the second school, the principal made me a job offer!  I am so excited, relieved, and thrilled to know where I will be working come June, and it is just one less thing to worry about when it comes to making the big move to Texas!  The Rusk School is a science and technology magnet school with students from early elementary through 8th grade.  I am so excited to be working for a school that places so much focus on teaching students effectively through the use of up-and-coming technology.  Our society relies so heavily on technology today and will only continue to become more reliant on it, so I am excited to be able to integrate that into my teaching.  It looks like my Electronic Media major will come into good use, and I seriously feel like I could not have found a better fit for my placement school!  I definitely need to keep practicing my Spanish after the principal asked me a question in Spanish during my interview today...the guys at work have been teaching me new words and I have been talking in Spanish with them more often, so I'll have to keep practicing to get ready for Houston!

So excited to be a Rusk Eagle!


1 comment:

  1. Yay!! This place sounds awesome. I love the shirt. Ms. Cooper is going to rock the 4th grade!!

    ReplyDelete